Post-Doc Fellowship in Paleobotanics
ERC Advanced Grant DISPERSALS
CALL FOR RESEARCHER IN Paleobotanics for the ERC Project – DISPERSALS
The Interdisciplinary Center for Archaeology and Evolution of Human Behavior (ICArEHB at the Universidade do Algarve), seeks to appoint a senior researcher for the project DISPERSALS – Dispersals, resilience, and innovation in Late Pleistocene SE Africa. This is a 5-year contract (3 years initial contract followed by 2 more year-to-year contract based on evaluation). You will join ICArEHB and DISPERSALS and benefit from recent investment in laboratories, infrastructure and technical support in this area.
- PhD in Archaeology or related scientific areas;
- International postdoctoral experience in prehistoric Archaeology, preferentially on African paleobotany;
- Have demonstrated experience in field work;
- Demonstrate a strong record of peer-review publication;
- Proficiency of written and spoken English.
- Starting date: early 2023.
The selection process will have two steps. First, the selection committee will evaluate the applications (CV and motivation cover letter) to produce a short-list of candidates. Second, the committee will conduct remote interviews with the selected candidates.
The evaluation of the CV will have three main criteria:
- The scientific, technological and cultural production in the last 5 years considered most relevant by the applicant (12 points);
- The field research developed in the last five years and considered of highest impact by the applicant (6 points);
- Dissemination activities in the last five years, specifically in the context of promotion of scientific culture and practice considered more relevant by the applicant (2 points);
- A 6-year term contract (3+1+1+1 years), which includes 22 working day vacation yearly, parental leave, medical coverage and unemployment benefits.
- A gross salary of 45,222.94 euros per year, to which is added a monthly lunch subsidy in the amount of c. 1200 euros year.
- Integration in an interdisciplinary young research center that aims to create an international and highly motivated environment for research.
- Funding for equipment, field work, and travel to congresses.
- Supervision of a doctoral student fully funded by the project.
- It is advisable to contact the PI of the project, Nuno Bicho (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submission;
- Applicants must download and fill the application form that can be found here;
- The candidates need to provide the following documents:
- A motivation cover letter in English, highlighting the most significant scientific activities and contributions over the last five years (maximum of 3,000 characters including spaces); a list and copies of three to five published articles considered by the applicant to be representative or most impactful in the field;
- Copy of doctoral certificate or diploma (following Portuguese law, at the time of the contract signature, the degree has to be recognized by the Portuguese education system);
- Optional: Other documents that the applicant considers relevant for assessing his/her application can be attached to the application
- Applications must be formalized by email to the address email@example.com de end of the of the last day of the tender application period (GMT time).
- Deadline: October 27th, 2022.
- More information here.