ICArEHB invites applications for 1 Post-Doc fellowship in the framework of the ERC Consolidator Grant FINISTERRA
The fellow will develop isotope analysis of fauna assemblages recovered from Middle Paleolithic sites in southwestern Iberia aiming to reconstruct paleoclimate and understand the ecodynamics of Neanderthal populations in the region.
Positions will start in Oct 1st and limited to a maximum of 3 years.
How to apply:
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Archaeology or related fields; have a good proficiency of written and spoken English.
Can apply for this call: a young career researcher with experience in isotope analysis of paleolithic fauna and fieldwork experience in Iberian Middle Paleolithic contexts.
The work will be developed at ICArEHB of the University of Algarve under the supervision of Dr. João Cascalheira.
Duration of the fellowship:
The fellowship will have a duration of one year, starting on 1 October 2022. The fellowship contract can be renewable for periods of one year, up to a maximum of three years , and having considered the new Regulation of Research Grants of the University of Algarve – (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/152015732)
Value of the monthly maintenance allowance:
The amount of the monthly maintenance allowance corresponds to €1.686,00 according to https://dre.pt/application/file/a/151902326.
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
Open from 24/06/2022 to 29/07/2022
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents: (The application and all documents associated with it should be in English)
- Official identification document (identity card / citizen card / passport – simple copy or legal equivalent).
- Copy of the certificates of qualification of the academic degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all subjects taken;
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter (maximum 500 words).
- This form, filled with your information, dated, and signed.
- Other documents that are considered relevant by the candidate (e.g., previous scientific work or published papers).
Applicants should preferentially submit their application documents to email@example.com in PDF format by 29th July 2022.