Call for Researcher Position in Prehistoric Archaeology
ICArEHB is now inviting potential candidates for Researcher positions. Expertise is open, though we are particularly interested in proposals that integrate archaeological science approaches, particularly in the areas of geoarchaeology, proteomics, isotopic analyses, and morphometric development analyses of artefacts.
The application process is part of a wider national call funded by the Portuguese National Science Foundation (Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia), which aims to hire 300 new doctoral researcher positions in all research areas. These are 6 yearlong work contracts, that can potential became tenure positions. There are 4 career stage levels available in this call and Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application:
- Junior researcher – The researcher shall have been awarded the Ph.D. no longer than 5 years ago and may have limited prior scientific experience.
- Researcher – Ph.D. awarded at least 5 years ago with a relevant scientific merit.
- Head Researcher – Ph.D. awarded at least 5 years ago, with a curriculum of exceptional merit and experience as an independent researcher as a team leader for at least 3 years. Investigators are expected to be active researchers and to have a track record of significant research achievements in terms of originality and significance of their research contributions.
- Coordinator Researcher – same as the Head Researcher by with the title of Agregação or identical.
Researchers must have a R&D host institution in Portugal.
Applications are now open and the deadline is February 20th 2019.
The call is available here.
If you are a researcher interested in having ICArEHB has your R&D host institution, please send an e-mail to Nuno Bicho (email@example.com) or Vera Aldeias (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email should include your name, present position, brief description of your topic of research, and a CV.
Please note that the formal submission to FCT includes the following items from the candidate:
- Short research plan, including main tasks, objectives and expected results;
- Career short synthesis e listing of the main contributions of the last 5 years;
- Motivation letter.
Evaluation of all applications will be done by an international panel, with two criteria: Research experience and contributions (70%) and research proposal (30%).