ICArEHB invites applications for 1 PhD fellowship in the framework of the ERC Consolidator Grant FINISTERRA
The applicants will enroll in the PhD in Archaeology at University of Algarve in Faro, Portugal, under the supervision of Dr. João Cascalheira. The applicants will develop research in the analysis of lithic assemblages from Middle Paleolithic sites located in southwestern Iberia.
Positions will start in Oct 1st and limited to a period of 4 years.
How to apply:
Applicants must hold a Masters in Archaeology or related fields; have a good proficiency of written and spoken English.
Can apply for this call: person who satisfy the necessary conditions to enroll in the UAlg doctoral program in Archeology, and who intend to develop research activities leading to obtaining a doctoral degree at the Interdisciplinary Center for Archeology and Evolution of Human Behavior (ICArEHB), regardless of nationality or citizenship.
The work will be developed at ICArEHB of the University of Algarve under the supervision of Dr. João Cascalheira.
Duration of the fellowship:
The fellowship will have a duration of one year, starting on 1 October 2022. The fellowship contract can be renewable for periods of one year, up to a maximum of four years and having considered the new Regulation of Research Grants of the University of Algarve – (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/152015732)
Value of the monthly maintenance allowance:
The amount of the monthly maintenance allowance corresponds to €1.144,64 according to https://dre.pt/application/file/a/151902326.
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
Open from 06/06/2022 to 04/07/2022
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents: (The application and all documents associated with it should be in English)
- Official identification document (identity card / citizen card / passport – simple copy or legal equivalent).
- Copy of the certificates of qualification of the academic degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all subjects taken;
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter (maximum 500 words).
- This form, filled with your information, dated, and signed.
- Other documents that are considered relevant by the candidate (e.g., previous scientific work or published papers).
Applicants should preferentially submit their application documents to email@example.com in PDF format by 4th July 2022.